sample use cases templateexample software testing plan templateProject plan template
ICS 125: How to give a status report
How to give a status report
- Status reports are
routine communications. They should be: brief, factual, frequent
- Keep reports brief by linking to information in other documents
rather than repeating it. Links to issues and issue tracker queries
are especially useful.
- Provide facts on the status of tracked issues and the amount of effort spent.
- Describe recent and upcoming activities. Highlight current
- Update any expectations about release schedule, functionality, or
- Explain the reasons for any project changes. It is better to
have small, justified changes than to have large, mysterious changes
just before delivery.
- Ask for managament input where needed. Sooner is better than
- Weekly status reports are the normal practice. It is also very
important to update issues every day as work is done.